Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Four Months

As promised, here is a summary of Rhett's fourth month, to help get me caught up to where we are now!

4 months - 13 pounds, 8 ounces

I think month four was probably one of the busiest months we've had! It sure felt like it at least. Shopping, visits from friends and family and road trips to Grandma and Grandpa Bullocks for Christmas!

It started off with a new addition to the family...my older sister had just given birth to her fourth child, a darling little girl named Maea! I was so excited back in the spring when my sister announced that she was expecting. I had always thought that it would be so fun to have babies close together, but was never certain that it would actually happen! It is going to be so fun to watch Rhett and Maea grow up together, hopefully as good friends! When my sister went home from the hospital, her husband was unable to get off work so I packed up Rhett and we went to help my sister out for the first few days. I truly cherish the time I was able to spend helping out my sister and getting to know my new little niece!

Moving along...as we were in the middle of the Christmas season, I of course was busy decorating my house, listening to Christmas music and subtly trying to pass on my love for Christmas to my 4 month old baby! :)





Rhett also continued to reach milestones, the biggest of which was the discovery of this feet! I remember one of the first times that he was able to get a hold of his feet, the look on his face was priceless! He just loved to reach down and hold onto those little feet, especially when I would be in the middle of changing his diaper!! Another milestone/discovery was the voice! Once Rhett realized the noise he could make, there was no turning back. I would often wake up in the morning to the sound of him babbling and jabbering or various high pitched squeals! I could sometimes just leave him in his crib or on his play mat for 20-30 minutes at a time as he happily talked to himself.


At around 15 weeks, Rhett also decided that he really didn't like tummy time and figured that the only way to get out of it, was to start rolling over! Initially, I was convinced that he was only able to roll over because he has such a big head, that it just topples and his body follows. But he eventually grew stronger and stronger and was able to roll over whenever he wanted!


Stay tuned as I continue along my journey of playing catch up...month five should be completed shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment