Friday, October 1, 2010

A Late Wedding Gift

We have been married for almost 4 months now (time sure flies!) and I am still getting wedding gifts!!! How excited do you think that makes me?? VERY! I guess if a person wants to get down to the nitty-gritty, I technically bought this gift WAY back in June with one of my wedding gift cards but it took 3 and a half months for it to FINALLY be MINE!!!

So, you may ask yourself, what is this gift that I speak of...well it is only the PINK KitchenAid stand mixer that I have wanted FOREVER!! And it gets even better...it pays to wait 3 and a half months for something.

So here is my beautiful mixer that we bought on sale at The Bay, so we didn't even pay full price to begin with. When I recieved the call that my mixer has finally arrived, I am informed that it is on sale again for even less than what I had paid back in June, so I will be receieving a giftcard with the difference of what I paid!! SWEET!! To top that off, I am also recieving the current promotional item which is a glass mixing bowl for the mixer as well as a $50.00 rebate from KitchenAid! How awesome is that? Pretty awesome. But it still gets better...

Initially, I was told it would take 2-4 weeks for my mixer to be delievered from Ontario to the store here. Well after 6 weeks I was getting a little impatient (I know, hard to believe) so we called the store to inquire what was taking so long. We were then informed that Pink KitchenAid's are in high demand and therefore I would have to wait til the middle of August. By the END of August I still had no mixer :(  It is at this time I was told that my mixer was never even shipped from the KitchenAid warehouse and so as an apology, KitchenAid would be sending me a FREE pink food processor!! Worth waiting 3 and a half months? I think so.




2 comments:

  1. ok, so my vote is to have a dinner party at your new place and i would love to reap the benfits of your kitchen aid and food processor! aka i expect you to whip up some deliciousness! im loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wooo-hoooo!!! That is what the delivery slip was for!! I forgot!!

    ReplyDelete