Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rhett's Nautical Nursery {Reveal}

Considering Rhett is already six months old, I figure there is no time like the present to show off his adorable nautical nursery!


Hanging on the back of the crib is the quilt that my mom made for Rhett. This was were my inspiration for a nautical themed room came from. As soon as I saw the fabric in the store, I fell in love with the idea of a nautical nursery for a little boy (at the time of finding the fabric, we still didn't know what we were having. My mom was just preparing for either). I also made the bed skirt using leftover fabric from the quilt. I just sewed three sections of fabric together and then using velcro, attached it to the crib under the mattress.

 Here are some close up pictures of the quilt.

I made the wreath using a circle foam form from Michaels, then just wrapped red and white yarn around it and finally added some jute along the outside edge. I also made the bunting using  some jute along with some leftover scraps from my moms quilt. The cute anchor pillow was a random find from Jysk.

Bought these display boxes from Jysk then spray painted them blue. Filled them with some sand dollars, star fish and sea shells that my mom had from a trip we took to Oregon when I was younger.  The red nautical vase was a sweet find from Ross that I found on one of our trips to Great Falls.

The adorable quilt on the back of the chair was made by my best friend Mandy.

The window valence was made using a piece of wood, covered in quilt batting and then finally with some of the left over fabric from the quilt (that also matches the crib skirt). And just to the right of the window you can see a really neat canvas with string art on it of a  boat in the sea. It was something out family friend Torrie had made a few years ago, and when she found out that I was doing a nautical nursery, she offered it to me.  I think it looks great with everything else in the room.

I bought four matching picture frames from the Salvation Army and had Bryan spray paint them blue. Then I filled them with some nautical images that my mom had bought the clip art for from an Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment